Welcome to the Reed Sonata Adjudicators Choice Class!
We invite you to prepare a piece that best displays your musical ability and artistry, as well as the required repertoire, respective to your instrument, listed below under Required Sonata Music.
For Grades 11 & 12 only.
Participants in this section must register and participate for both R9A (Personal Choice Solo) and R9B (Required Repertoire).
To be eligible for an award, participants must be available to play at the Festival Highlights Concert on Friday, May 19th, 2023. If the winner of the class cannot take advantage of an award, it may be offered to a qualified alternate, as determined by the adjudicator.
The winners, with a grade of 97 or above, will receive a $200 cash award and must perform in the Festival Highlights Concert. A winner will be selected from both sections, R9A and R9B. One participant may win both sections.
Note: Sonata Class participants may not enter the Young Artist Class in this Division in the same year.
Time Limit: 15 minutes
Required Sonata Music:
- Bassoon – Sonata in C-Major. Movements 1 & 4, Fasch, Ludwig
- Clarinet – Time Pieces, Movements 3 & 4, Muczynski
- Bass Clarinet – Deepwood, David Bennett, / Groth Music
- Oboe – Sonata, TWV41:B6 (B-flat), Telemann / Groth Music
- Alto Sax – Tableaux de Provence, Movements 4 & 5, Maurice